Are you a pet parent? Are you different things that will help your pet and has anyone recommended CBD oil to you yet? CBD oil can be used to treat multiple diseases in both animals and humans. We will shed some light on the usage of CBD oil for pets in the following article.
What Is CBD Oil?
CBD oil is an extract from the cannabis or hemp plant. It is not a psychoactive compound and hence has no mind-altering effects.
How Is It Beneficial For Pets?
CBD oil can be used to treat various illnesses in pets:
– Anxiety: CBD oil can reduce anxiety in dogs. A lot of pet owners are worried because their dogs suffer from separation anxiety. CBD oil has proven to help against anxieties and relax your dog.
– Seizures and Epilepsy: A common problem in older pets, especially dogs, is epilepsy. More than five percent of dogs suffer from seizures when they get old. CBD oil helps against seizures and is better than the usual medicines given to treat epilepsy because those medicines adversely affect the liver.
– Reduces pain and inflammation so your pets can be comfortable after surgeries or procedures.
– Reduces bowel diseases. Most pets get inflammatory bowel diseases and need to be treated frequently. CBD oil helps reduce this disease in animals.
-Increases appetite. Most pet parents are worried about their pets not eating the substantial amount of food they need. CBD oil is a blessing as it increases appetite among animals.
– CBD oil has been found to help against the deadliest disease, cancer. It has been shown to prevent some cancerous cells from forming and kill them. This is a revolutionary discovery in the veterinary world.
Apart from helping against all these illnesses, CBD oil is safe to use as it does not have any side effects, unlike the drugs that are prescribed usually.
It is imperative that the correct dosage of CBD oil is administered to your pet. A higher dosage can cause multiple side effects that defeat the purpose of using CBD oil as a medicine. Do consult your vet for every dosage and decision regarding your pet’s medicines.
Moreover, do not buy low quality, cheap CBD oil as it may contain impurities that can have detrimental reactions with your pet’s body. Always be careful to buy CBD oil legally, and oil that is organic and has been tested for safety and purity.
CBD oil is very beneficial for your pets as it has no side effects and treats common illnesses that pets are vulnerable to. It is a blessing, but you should be very careful to not cause overdose and harm your pet’s health in the process. Always consult your vet before proceeding with any kind of medication and do not compromise on the quality of the oil to save some money. It might cost you your pet’s life.